Marcus Location: 1-800-658-5400

Storm Lake Location: 712-732-4343

The Onyx Collection: Showers and Tops

Saturday, December 17, 2022

What is ONYX ??

The Onyx Collection manufactures shower bases, shower wall panels, shower trim and accessories, and lavatories. Each product is custom made-to-order to your size, shape, and color specifications, and includes their famous “Yes, Guaranteed Forever” guarantee.

Onyx is a man made material. It’s durable and getting in the technical details, 63% of Onyx material is a hydrate crystal. The main ingredient of onyx is alumina trihydrate, much like all solid surface materials.  The other 37% is a special polyester resin developed over the last 30 plus years. 

All Onyx material can easily be cut notched or trimmed with standard woodworking tools, to achieve a custom fit. Woodcutting tools such as jigsaws and circular saws with a fine to medium tooth finish blade work best for cutting. A belt sander works great for minor modifications. Here is a link to a skill saw and a belt sander cutting / trimming a wall panel.

Onyx products remain clean with minimal efforts. One of the best things mentioned by customers after buying an Onyx is how easy they are to clean!  A simple weekly cleaning is often more than enough to keep a shower or vanity top looking new. Most household cleaners work well with Onyx. Just be sure that the cleaner is non-abrasive (no grit in the cleaner).
PRO TIP:  A surface protectant (similar to Rain-X on a windshield) will keep water spots and deposits from forming and can make cleaning an Onyx shower even easier.

We have the area’s largest Onyx shower showrooms!